Grad Cert Build (Building Surveying)
Ass Dip Civ Engineering
FAIBS, MWOBO, AMAIB
Kym’s experience spanning over four decades in the building industry includes no less than 35 years in Building Surveying, with around 15 of those spent working at major suburban Councils, as well as the City of Adelaide.
Kym has now spent over a decade managing and as joint owner of Tecon Australia.
Kym has a passion for the ongoing education of building surveying practitioners that has seen him working extensively with the University of South Australia, Marleston TAFE and the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors.
The broad scope of projects that Kym has been involved with over the years has armed him with impressively diverse building surveying experience. Kym has worked in both residential and multi storey commercial projects, as well as heading up strategic planning and operations management initiatives.
Kym’s professional motivation and extensive experience in the development industry resulted in him being elected as the President of the SA Chapter of the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors and as a delegate on the Australian Institute of Building Surveyors National Council for a number of years.
Kym is the current Deputy Presiding Member of the Building Advisory Committee under the SA Development Act, 1993 and is a member of the SA Housing Aboriginal Housing Forum.
Significant projects …a solid track record.
APARTMENT AND ACCOMMODATION BUILDINGS
- Skytower – 22 storey apartment building,
Wood St. Darwin, NT
- Conservatory -18 storey commercial/apartment
/carpark building – Grenfell St. Adelaide, SA
- The Octagon – 14 storey Student Accommodation Building, Hindley St Adelaide, SA
- The Terraces – 5 storey apartment building
Goodwood Rd. Wayville, SA
- Leabrook Retirement Village 4 storey Apartment buildings
- Leabrook 4 storey Apartment Building
160 Hindmarsh Rd. Victor Harbor, SA
- 4 storey apartment building
Gregory Tce. Parap, NT
- Additions and alterations to Yipirinya School, NT
- Additions and alterations to Alice Springs High School
- Warehouse (10,000 square metre building)
Ocean Steamers Road Port Adelaide SA
- Warehouse additions (13,000 square metre building) – Smith Snack Foods – Regency Park SA
- City Cross redevelopment (20,000 square metre)
- Seaford Shopping Centre additions Stages 2 & 3 (24,000 square metre building)
- Newton Shopping Centre additions (15,000 sqm)
- Airport Building Controller for Darwin International and Alice Springs Airports
- Alice Spring Supreme Court
- Numerous defence projects
STATE CROWN PROJECTS
- Port Augusta Courts
- Mc Donald Park School redevelopment
- Christies Beach Police Station additions and upgrade
- Riverside building – office fitout of levels 1, 2, 6, 7, 8 & 9
- Multiple new office building
- Multiple office additions and fitouts
HEALTH CARE BUILDINGS
- Alice Springs Hospital out buildings upgrade
- Tennant Creek Hospital upgrade
- Ceduna Hospital additions and alterations